Ever participate in a charity event? Me, I tend to avoid the rush of good feeling you get when you help out the invisible entity called "fellow man". When I've tried to be chartible that way, the warm and fuzzy goodness never came. I think GoodFeeling is in league with Contentment and has deemed me unworthy because they don't come to call often enough.
So anyway, I did participate in Relay For Life, a 24-hour Walk-A-Thon type of charity event. As that was how I spent the first half of my weekend, I now sit bleary-eyed and stiff-hipped before this computer, attempting to chain words together to describe my feelings about the experience. I must say that Contentment continues to play coy, though GoodFeeling is currently keeping me company.
I fecking hurt and it feels good. I'm pretty hungry, too.
Yours in Faith, Hope, and all that is Right and Just,
IndianaJonesing
Sunday
Cruel to be Kind
Posted by
Elevensest
at
10:28:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm going to be in a Scrabble challenge next month to benefit a Literacy project. I believe that makes me The Nerd Queen.
Post a Comment