Sunday

11:11 - What's in a Number

If there's a long-standing hobby or fascination I've had, it's been with a number. By now the digits and I have become intimate and it's more than just two ones standing side by side, it's Eleven.

A lot of you will understand.

Some of us notice this number all the time. Clocks, receipts, Twin Towers, license plates. It catches our eye. Google 11:11 and you'll find that it's pretty popular. Seems like a whole lot of people believe that it means something and I'm not talking just new agers. I'm talking people who consider themselves scientists... logical, and practical. The budding fascination intrigues them because it's out of character.

I'd call it one of the biggest memes ever spread, except that people start seeing it on their own and come to the conclusion that it means something of their own accord. No one comes up and says, "Watch for 11:11. It means [fill in esoteric belief here]." It just happens.

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I have a friend like that. He became somewhat obsessed with eleven after 9/11. I'm curious what it means to you though.

The Daily Rant said...

I did a post on this too. How funny.

See it here:

http://bellavenere.blogspot.com/2005/07/111111.html